What Is Mindfulness?
Broadly defined mindfulness training is developing our mental faculties of attention & intention. We first bring a non-judgmental attention, to our daily life experiences. Then we choose a wise intention, to match any of our life experiences. This deepens our understanding of life, resulting in more health & happiness and less stress.
Professional M.B.S.R. Training in:
- Online Courses
- Mindfulness Consulting
- Anxiety & Stress Management
- Team Building & Life Balance
- Guest Speaking, Lunch & Learns
- Training Seminars, Workshops & Staff Retreats
- Ongoing Training, Education & Support & Group Coaching
Training and coaching in a variety of: University, Health Care and Business settings.
The SPA Training Model:
Study: The study of the mindfulness training model of attention & intention.
Practice: The gentle practice of ‘stopping and dropping’ and letting go of distractions.
Apply: The practical application of a clear mind, to all aspects of work and personal life.
M.B.S.R. Online Training
“Take the M.B.S.R. program in the comfort of your own home.“
The course is yours for life.
No previous experience is required.
You can download all course materials, to use later.
M.B.S.R. Online Training is cost effective and convenient.
How does Mindfulness Training online work?
- Start it at any time
- M.B.S.R. is experiential.
- The training is self-paced.
- There are 8 2 1/2 hour lessons.
- Each lesson contains 12 lesson topics.
- Each lesson includes audio, video & text topics.
- Each lesson will have questions for personal reflection.
- Each lesson will require daily formal and informal practices.
- The seventh lesson will be a 6 hour self-retreat in a setting of your choice.
- You can receive a certificate of participation upon successfully completing the course.
- The curriculum is the same as offered by the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
- The course is self-paced, at your convenience and in the comfort of your home.
Full course support will be available by:
- Phone: 1-519-648-2985
- Skype: themindfulcoach
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“More mindfulness, equals more choices.” -G Ross Clark, C.C.P.,
What is Mindfulness Training?
Mindfulness training is a way of learning to consciously and systematically work with stress, pain, illness, and the challenges and demands of everyday life by not turning away from them but learning how to be resilient with and through them.
Mindfulness is already within the human experience. A deep internal resource of attention, intention and attitude that is available to us. Mindfulness is patiently waiting to be used in the service of learning, growing and healing.
“Mindfulness is moment to moment, non-judgmental awareness.” -Jon Kabat Zinn , Ph.D. (1990)
History of Mindfulness:
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) was founded by John Kabat Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center in 1979. MBSR has now spread to multiple populations including health professionals and medical and nursing students as well as in multiple settings including work places and educational setting.
Benefits of Mindfulness:
Two decades of published research indicates that the majority of people who complete MBSR courses report:
- Improved self-esteem
- An increased ability to relax
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Lasting decreases in physical and psychological symptoms
- Reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations.
Mindfulness is a way of learning to consciously and systematically work with stress, pain, illness, and the challenges and demands of everyday life by not turning away from them but learning to be resilient with and through them.
Mindfulness is not something that one gets or acquires. It is already within the human experience a deep internal resource of attention, intention and attitude. That is available to us and is patiently waiting to be observed and used in the service of learning, growing, and healing.
Reasons why people train in M.B.S.R.:
- GI distress
- Chronic pain
- Anxiety and panic
- Sleep disturbances
- High blood pressure
- Compassion Fatigue
- Stress — job, family or financial
Any Questions about Mindfulness Training?
Let us know how we can help.
Mindfulness provides more Calmness, Clarity and Choices
-G Ross Clark, CPP